Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Double-handed Axe

Today : The Double-handed Axe

Show-off time !
On the photo album that gave the initial idea of this little blog, people were praising the axe as the weapon of choice against zombies. Well, it certainly has a primal appeal, I can't deny it, but it also is obviously overrated.

This axe has several strong weaknesses. It's heavy and unbalanced. It will tire your arm very quickly (anybody used to chop logs knows what I mean). Therefore, you will have to use a lot of energy killing the ghouls, and that's not the only bad consequence... The Axe has a heavy head that, with the kinetic energy you have to use, will literally bury itself in the skull. Good luck getting it out !

If you see what I mean ?


For my family, for my clan, for my cave.
Nevertheless, the axe remains popular among amateurs and "watchers". It's so brutal, primal, it evokes immediately our ancestors' past, living in caves, hunting in packs and eating mammoths. It's bestially groovy. It awakens the barbarian in you (or the psycho). It's, I admit, really cool. But then again, it's a show-off weapon. You don't really kill a lot of ghouls with it, you impress people telling them how you COULD use it in a savage hunt. When in fact, this is a bit like Tony Stark's favorite weapon, the one you use only once. Before having to run because damn, it won't pop out.


No comments:

Post a Comment